About MetroWest Basketball
MetroWest Basketball is a competitive travel league with games against other cities and towns in the greater MetroWest area. Every year, there are teams for girls in grades 5-8 and boys in grades 4-8. If there are enough players, there will be teams for girls and boys in fourth grade as well. Players can play up a grade only if there is no team for their grade level. Teams practice twice a week with games on Sunday.
Participation in the MetroWest League through WYBA is open to all players who live in Wayland and to METCO students attending Wayland Schools.
More information is available at www.metrowestbball.com.
Players must attend both sessions:
- Sunday, October 14th, 4-9PM @ Wayland High School
- Tuesday, October 16th, 6-9PM @ Wayland Middle School
- Sunday, October 14th, 4-9PM @ Wayland Middle School
- Wednesday, October 17th, 6-9PM @ Wayland Middle School
MetroWest Tryouts and Team Formation
Previous placement on a MetroWest team does not guarantee placement on a future team.
If a player wants to try out for a MetroWest team, they must register for a spot prior to the close of registration.
Important! Please read the following guidelines if you are considering having your player try out for a MetroWest team.
Please read the following tryout guidelines carefully:
- There will be tryouts for all teams if there are a sufficient number of players with which to field a team.
- If there are not a sufficient number of players with which to field a team, fees will be refunded.
- Only players who have registered in advance will be allowed to tryout. There will be no “day of” registrations allowed. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- Players must attend at least one tryout session and should make every effort to attend both. Players who will miss a tryout session must notify the program coordinator in advance. Failure to attend a session may impact a player’s placement on a team. Players who fail to attend either tryout session will not be placed on a team.
- Players will be allowed to tryout for a team one grade level above their current grade only if there is no team being fielded in the player’s current grade level.
- Tryouts will be administered and organized by an independent group that is not directly affiliated with WYBA. WYBA coaches and may assist with the tryout process and will not evaluate players that they may coach.
- The previous season’s end of year players’ evaluations will be taken into account as part of team formation, if they occurred.
- Team formation decisions are final.
- No refunds will be given, other than for documented medical reasons, to players who withdraw from the program after having been placed on a team.
- Fees will be refunded for players who are not placed on a team. Players who are not placed on a MetroWest team are strongly encouraged to play TriTown.
- If a player is unable to attend tryouts because of an injury, and if space on the appropriate grade level team is available, the injured player may be considered for placement pending a tryout/evaluation conducted by WYB. Roster spots cannot be held for a player who is unable to tryout due to injury.
Program Fee: $245
(+ credit card processing fee)